Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blogging for Beginners: ProBlogger Blog Tips

Blogging for Beginners: ProBlogger Blog Tips

Blogging for Beginners

Blogging BasicsWelcome to my Blogging for Beginners Series.

Over the next weeks I will be presenting an introduction to blogging that will help PreBloggers and NewBloggers unpack some of the basics of blogging.

The series is based largely upon the questions I regularly receive from newer bloggers.

By no means do I want to come across as the all knowing expert in this series - I’m very aware of my own limitations as a blogger and strongly believe that it is only collectively as a group that we really know anything. As a result I’d encourage everyone (beginners or old hands) to see each post in this series as an invitation to share what you know on the topics we cover. As we all contribute what we know I’m confident that we’ll all learn and create a useful resource for bloggers starting out.

By the way - if you enjoy these posts and want to keep in touch with ProBlogger subscribe to our weekly email update and/or track us by our RSS feed.

Blogging for Beginners - The Posts So Far

Introductory Posts

Blog Design

Writing Content

Making Money from Blogs

Blog Networks

Other Beginner Topics

A few readers have approached me to ask if they can submit posts to this series. At this point I’m going to say no - but towards the end of the series I’ll reconsider this when we see what topics we’ve not yet covered.

The series will probably go for 2 weeks with at least one post per day with each listed below on this post (so bookmark this page). Between ‘beginner’ posts will be the normal array of ProBlogging posts. If you’re not a beginner and don’t want to contribute to the back to basics conversations I hope you’ll find that there is plenty of other things to keep you interested.

The series that follows is a combination of types of posts that includes:

  • New Posts on topics I’ve not written about before
  • New Posts on topics I have written about before
  • Re-Posts - older posts that I still feel are relevant for new bloggers
  • Guest Posts from other bloggers who know more about a particular topic than I do.
  • Open Mike Discussions (I’m not sure which topics to do these on yet, but am pretty sure there will be a number of them)

No comments: